The Employee Benefits Security Administration (EBSA) is committed to educating and assisting the nearly 154 million workers, retirees and their families covered by approximately 722,000 private retirement plans, 2.5 million health plans, and 885,000 other welfare benefit plans holding approximately $11.8 trillion in assets; as well as plan sponsors and members of the employee benefits community. EBSA balances proactive enforcement with compliance assistance and works diligently to provide quality assistance to plan participants and beneficiaries. T
EBSA is offering a free workshop on the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation (COBRA). This webinar is for employers and plan administrators responsible for their plan’s COBRA continuation coverage. The Department of Labor’s Employee Benefits Security Administration (EBSA)’s webinar will help you understand and comply with COBRA, including COBRA qualifying events, notices, timeframes and more.
The webinar will also cover the COBRA premium subsidy provisions under the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 including:
- Which qualified beneficiaries are eligible for the COBRA premium subsidy?
- How does the premium subsidy work?
- How long can a qualified beneficiary get the premium subsidy?
- How does the new extended election period work and who can use it to elect COBRA coverage?
- What new COBRA notices are employers required to provide?